Terms and Conditions
1. Our standard hire period is one day. Goods will usually be delivered on the day before the hire and collected the day following the hire.
Delivery and Collection
2. You are welcome to collect and return items from our base in Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, Norfolk (times by prior arrangement). We are able to deliver within a 50 mile radius, charged at 50p per mile. For delivery/collection further afield please contact us for a quote – UK-wide service available.
3. Charges are based on delivery/collection from the ground floor and on condition that the goods for collection have been re-packed safely in the packaging and boxes provided. If it is not possible to meet this requirement then please let us know when placing your order (additional charges will apply).
Receipt of Goods
4. Please carefully check items upon receipt and sign the accompanying delivery note.
Please notify us within 24 hours of any damage/breakages/discrepancies. Deliveries left unattended are at the hirer’s own risk.
Condition of Goods
5. Unless otherwise stated all our china is chip and crack free, although there may be some evidence of wear commensurate with its vintage. Due to its age, please remember that our china will damage more easily than commercial crockery – please take extra care when handling!
All hire items will be an assorted mix of designs, patterns and colours.
6. All our hire prices include washing up. Before re-packing, please ensure that food has been scraped off plates (we recommend using a plastic or rubber spatula) and liquids emptied out.
- Deposit: A deposit of 50% of the value of the hire is payable upon booking. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or online bank transfer.
- Balance: Due 14 days before the date of hire
- Damage Deposit A refundable damage deposit of £100 is payable at the same time as the balance. This will be refunded upon the safe return of the goods.
Any items held longer than the agreed hire period will be charged at 1.5 times the normal hire rate per day.
- Please let us know about any items damaged, cracked, chipped, broken or missing when receiving/returning items. China returned chipped will be charged as broken. Breakages/damage/loss will be charged as follows:
- Teacup £5
- Saucer £5
- Teaplate £5
- Cake/sandwich plate £8
- Sugar bowl £8
- Milk jug £8
- Cake stand £30
- Teapot £20
The breakage deposit will be refunded once all items have been checked and the order is deemed to be complete and in good order. Pineapple Vintage will advise you of any items found to be damaged, cracked, chipped, broken or missing that have not been reported by you within 72 hours of collection and a charge will be deducted from the breakage deposit.
9. If, for any reason, you wish to cancel your order, the following charges will apply:
- 30 + days before hire date No charge
- 14 days – 1 month before hire date 50% of hire charge
- Less than 14 days before hire date 100% of hire charge
Goods supplied remain the property of Pineapple Vintage at all times. You are responsible for the goods from the time they are collected/delivered until they are collected/returned to us.
Your responsibility includes safekeeping and protection of the goods in your care.
No responsibility can be accepted for any injury or damage caused by the hire items, however caused.
Goods are dispatched clean and in satisfactory vintage contrition.
By placing an order with Pineapple Vintage you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions above.